Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dynamic Rockers organize events around the country and soon the world!

Yea this was a free jam in Carleton College that we put together. Carleton College is in a small city in Minnesota called North Field. It's a city about 45 minutes south of the Twins city of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We were asked to come to this college to do workshops and do something. So I cane up with the idea of doing a small little battle where we demonstrate how we judge and what is important in our dance. The general public tends to just focus on the trendy and more eye catching moves of the dance such as the tricks, power moves and freezes. So this was our chance to educate as well as entertain the general public about our culture. We were able to get together 18 crews to battle it out in front of a crowd of 650 spectators. Wow! Well of course the college did a great job with the promotions of getting the general public. This event happen last night and was a great success. I got together the Bboy aspect of the dance. Basically the dj, the crews, vendors of course the judges. The judges were Whorah, Gravity and myself. I also hosted which I will never do again. I mean come on, it was difficult giving my undivided attention as well as keeping the crowd hype all at the same time. No more of that. My homie DJ Lester Burner drove from Chicago with my other homie Adverse to blaze the crowd with his sounds. Man it was fun and it was all free. Today we do our workshop class and will teach a Lil bit about ourselves and our history.

So if any other colleges are interested and are looking for booking information: Please contact me on my email dynamicrockers@gmail.com . Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment